Tuesday, July 19, 2011

home sweet home...

Recently I have been contemplating the idea of home. Being in Nampula has been hard on me. The reason that it is so hard on me is because I am home, yet I don't have a home around here anymore. Most of my friends have moved on, as have I.
The reason that it is hard is cause I don't feel at home anywhere I go. If you ask my parents for the last six years I am always going home. When I came back from boarding school I would say "I AM GOING HOME" and then when I left to go to boarding school I would say "I AM GOING HOME"  I think it is the same now. I am in Nampula and I think of how much I love it here, but I think of how much I love it in Grand Rapids.

It got me to thinking about where our home really is. There is a verse Matthew that says "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." For me this makes me think of home. It made me think about how heaven is our true home, for those who believe in Jesus. I long for the day when I finally get to go home! To my real home! Just something to think about!

1 comment: